This IntelliBuddies® Installation and Configuration manual provides information on installing and configuring IntelliBuddies® Control Room Software. This document describes IntelliBuddies®' Control Room system requirements, configuration settings, the actual installation process, and post-installation activities.
IntelliBuddies® Control Room is a web portal software needed to orchestrate the automation designed and executed by the IntelliBuddies® platform.
The IntelliBuddies® Control Room Software needs the following minimum hardware based on support up to 100 Buddies:
|Processor||4 CPU Cores (minimum 2GHz) / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)|
|Memory (RAM)||4 GB / 6 GB / 12 GB / 16 GB|
|Disk Space (HDD)||200 GB / 500 GB|
- Additional disk space may be needed, depending on several factors including but not limited to log size and others.
- Make sure all the above TCP ports are open for communication
|Processor||4 CPU Cores (minimum 2GHz)|
|Memory (RAM)||8 GB|
|Disk Space (HDD)||300 GB|
- Additional disk space may be needed, depending on several factors, including but not limited to the number of users, processes, log size, and others.
- Windows Server 2016 or above
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- SQL Server 2016 or above (Standard or Enterprise Edition) OR
- PostgreSQL 11 or above
- Google Chrome - 50 or above (Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit))
- Firefox - 69 or above (90.0.2 (64-bit))
- Microsoft Edge - 20 or above (Version 92.0.902.55 (Official build) (64-bit))
.Net Framework - 4.8 or above (.NET Framework 4.8.04084 /.NET Framework 4.7.03190 /.NET Framework 4.7.03062)
.Net Core Hosting Bundle - 2.2 or above (Microsoft.NET Core 2.2.8 – Windows Server Hosting)
.Net Core Runtime Bundle - 2.2 or above
Download from here (Microsoft.NET Core Runtime - 2.2.8)
- IIS - 10 or above
A single Control Room instance can support up to a minimum of 100 Buddies and 1000 processes. Control Room supports the multi-tenancy concept as well. A Tenant is represented by its 'Tenant-ID' and will have its Control Room Database. However, they share the same front-end.
The Control Room has the following logical components grouped in three layers:
- Presentation Layer
- Web Application
- REST API End Points
- Web Service Layer
- REST API Implementation
- Persistence Layer
- SQL Server / PostgreSQL Server
The Web Application is the UI for IntelliBuddies® Control Room. The user can configure the users, schedule the jobs, and manage the licenses within their enterprise using the supported Internet Browsers.
IntelliBuddies® Control Room has several REST APIs implemented, consumed both by Web Application and IntelliBuddies® client agents. The Database stores the registered Buddies and their associated Processes along with users, roles, and schedules. The data above are managed through Web Application.
On the client-side, the client tools represent all IntelliBuddies® client software, including Process Designer, Buddies, and the instance of the Buddies executing a process termed as IntelliBuddies® Worker Process.
Suppose you are deploying for small to medium scale Buddies (<100 Smart Buddies, <1000 Assistant Buddies), the recommended option would be to use a Web Server on a Single Machine. This model is easy to deploy but doesn't offer scalability.
If you want to install Control Room on port 80, you might need to make sure that the port 80 is available to be used. Typically, IIS runs the default website on port 80, and hence you might need to stop that before continuing the installation. Please follow the steps provided below to stop the default website on IIS.
- Go to: Control Panel
- Open Administrative Tools
- Open Internet Information Services
- Select Web Sites->Default Web Site
- Click the Stop button on the toolbar as depicted in the screenshot below:
If you want to use Windows Authentication for Control Room, you need to have the following prerequisites:
- The Control Room Web Server and Database Server system should be in the Domain.
- Ensure that the Windows Authentication feature is turned ON for IIS.
Please follow the steps to turn this feature ON.
- Open Server Manager
- Go to Dashboard and click on Add roles and features and follow the wizard with default till Server Roles
In Server Roles expand Web Server (IIS) => Web Server => Security
Check the Windows Authentication checkbox.
If you have not yet downloaded the Control Room Windows Installable, please download it from your IntelliBuddies® Account Manager portal.
Once login to IntelliBuddies® Account Manager portal with your login credentials, go to the Downloads section and download the installable onto the system where you need to install the Control Room.
The IntelliBuddies® Control Room Windows Installer (IntelliBuddies.Server.\<version>.msi) can help you install Control Room by enabling you to perform the following things:
- Install IntelliBuddies® Control Room
- Configure IIS settings
- Configure database settings either for Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL Server
- Enable Windows Authentication
NOTE: By default, IntelliBuddies® Control Room is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelliBuddies\Control Room directory.
- Run the Windows Installer (IntelliBuddies.Server.msi). The IntelliBuddies® Control Room Setup wizard will be displayed.
- Click on Next
- Change the installation folder if needed. By default, the Control Room would be deployed under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelliBuddies\Control Room. Click on Next
- You need to attach and activate the Control Room license before continuing installation.
- Online Activation: You can activate the license online by providing IntelliBuddies Account Manager portal credentials
- Offline Activation: You can specify the license file downloaded from the IntelliBuddies Account Manager
- You need to save the Machine Id for future usage
- You need to provide the Machine Id while downloading the license file from Account Manager
- Click on Next
- You can configure the website name, port and select the appropriate Authentication methodology used while accessing the Control Room as part of this setup.
|Site Name||The Name of the control room website. By default, this is set to IntelliBuddies Control Room|
|port||The Port you want to use to enable communication between the computer and the Control Room|
|Encryption Key||The Key used by the Control Room to encrypt and decrypt the password properties stored as part of Control Room. You can either copy your own Key inside the text area or click on Generate Key so that our installer can generate a new Key|
- After configuring, click on Next
- Configure the options as desired:
- Name: the application pool name. It is set to IntelliBuddies Control Room by default and cannot be changed.
- Identity: allows you to choose the Identity under which IntelliBuddies Control Room website should run. The following options are available:
- Application Pool Identity – runs under the default identity of the application pool.
- Custom account – runs under existing Windows or Domain identity. Selecting this option enables two extra fields, Username and Password, which will allow you to specify the Identity under which to run the IntelliBuddies Control Room website.
- Click on Next
|First Name||The First Name of the Host Administrator|
|Last Name||The last Name of the Host Administrator|
|The email of the Host Administrator|
|Username||The Username of the Host Administrator|
|Password||The Password to be used for Host Administrator |
- Click on Next
You can configure the Control Room database from here.
- Database Type - Select the appropriate database provider. IntelliBuddies Control Room supports as of now following Database types:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Database Name – the Name of the database. By default, it is set to IntelliBuddies Control Room
- Click on Next
- The Database Server Settings is displayed based on the Database Type you had selected in the previous step
- In case you had selected the Database Type as Microsoft SQL Server
- In case you had selected the Database Type as PostgreSQL
- The ready to install step is displayed
- Click on Install. The installation process starts, and the IntelliBuddies Control Room will be installed in the selected installation folder as part of Step-3